I have to say that Jolene, the awesome blogger of Valley Girl Gone Country, is very supportive when it comes to recognizing fellow bloggers, including myself. Today, while my 6-year-old son and I were Hoovering cheese via a steaming baked loaf of Italian bread and “dipping sauce,” I heard my iMac “bink” and saw her name pop up: ” ‘Happy Monday!!!'” it said, “I am passing on the Sunshine Award to you.'” Aw, you’re the best, Jolene – I hope you had a Happy Birthday! And thank you!
I don’t know anything about the Sunshine Award, but Jolene was good enough to post a definition for us straight from Mark Bialczak‘s blog. (Double-plug here, folks!)
“The award is given to those who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
I’m feeling pretty bubbly with appreciation right now, so hopefully I’ll fulfill the requirements of this award properly (I have been awarded in the past by other awesome bloggers, but dropped the ball on thanking them! 😯 ). So anyway – here goes!
Directions for you to accept the award
To accept the award, the awardee must do the following:
1. Display the award on your blog. √
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who nominated you. √
3. Present 10 deserving bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” √
4. Link to the awardees and let them know of the nomination. √
5. List 10 interesting things about yourself. √
10 Interesting Things About Myself:
- I have the memory of a gnat. Probably a result from incredibly dysfunctional parents. So it’s more like Post Traumatic Stress Memory. Is that such a thing?
- I removed my parents from my life in January 2013 because…
- My sister was sexually molested by a doctor by the hands of our mother. My other sisters don’t know.
- I love coffee but it effed up my veins.
- I like sex but I’m very loyal. This causes a problem when I’m single. LOL
- I’m petite with long blonde hair… and an MVP in softball for 35 years. I’ve had umpires hit on me during the game saying, “You don’t LOOK like a catcher.” Creepy.
- I’ve won writing awards with monetary payouts
- I love photography and freelance on the weekends
- I make a mean Pad Thai. But I’m not asian. At all.
- I’m on Instagram and now Facebook!
Now, for the bloggers “who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
2.) Sex & The Cincy
8.) Yup She Said It
9.) Aussa Lorens
10.) The ‘S’ Word
Thanks again, Jolene! ❤